A few days ago I got a notification about being nominated for an award. Seems like the perfect post to come right before a fun little unveiling. If you follow my Instagram Stories, odds are you know what the surprise is.
So one of my favorite bloggers, Beautiful, Creative, Inspiring . . . Life nominated me for a Mystery Award. With my slight obsession with true crime, it seems fitting. I appreciate her nomination so very much! She lives a life of adventure and is just stepping into the world of adulthood.
Mystery Blogger Award
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.” -Okoto Enigma
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 or more people, notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice (including one weird or funny question), and share a link or links to your best post or posts!
The Three Things
- I play bass guitar. Not well and not as often as I’d like, but I enjoy it. I’d love to learn a few techniques, like djent, because I haven’t heard anything chuggy enough aside from Meshuggah. I still need a good name for my red, five-string ESP.
- I’m still learning to love myself. I used to not think I deserved the right to take care of myself and as a result I now have anxiety and control issues. I’m working to overcome them but it gets exhausting.
- I’m a pseudo-vegan. I’ve been vegan for years, it’s been well over 7 years and as a result my physical health is in great shape. I am reluctant to call myself one, however, even though I won’t buy myself new non-vegan things(like meat, makeup, and clothes). I’ve pivoted into a direction with my environmentalism where if something makes more sense to buy used, I’ll buy that. For instance, I’ve found that vegan handbags just don’t last. It wouldn’t be such a problem if those same bags were compostable and super eco, but the plastics they’re made from are just as bad, if not worse, for the planet as leather bags. At least secondhand doesn’t give those companies money for products I see as cruel and I still get the durability and quality of the pragmatically better product.
Now that that’s over, we’re moving onto the five questions.
1. Do you have a dream? What is it?
I dream of a world where everyone cares, and acts upon that care, of their planet and fellow earthlings.
2. How would you describe yourself in a paragraph?
Annoying. I’m pretty sure I get on peoples’ nerves. Maybe I’m just self-conscious.
3. What do you value the most in people?
Kindness. However, kindness does not equal always being tactful and beating around the bush to spare feelings.
4. What are your defining characteristics?
Acne ridden, brutally honest at times, terrified to speak up at others.
5. What is the angriest you have ever been in your life?
Funny enough, I don’t get terribly angry very often. The last time I remember a real fire being stirred in my belly, however, is when I first heard Pretty Reckless’s Heaven Knows on the radio. I have never felt such an immediate amount of vitriol in my life and I’m still baffled as to where that came from. It kind of scares me to know I can get that upset at something that’s truly done my no real wrong.
- Be Zero: She’s the one who inspired me to start the first iteration of Thrifted Luxe and was the reason behind me doing the 30 day scarf challenge.
- The Librarian… Retired: She has an inspiring story and she posts great book reviews. She was the first fashion blogger I followed, as well.
- Litterless: A great blog for people transitioning to a low-waste lifestyle.
- Zero Waste Nerd: Another great zero/low-waste lifestyle blog.
- Zero Waste Millenial: A minimalist and zero-waster. Is it obvious the type of blogs I really follow?
- A Small Wardrobe: A minimalist with a capsule wardrobe. Their posts are always so calming.
- Treading My Own Path: A great sustainability themed blog.
- Eco-Boost: A mix of sustainability, lifestyle, and fashion. Her blog is #goals.
- Trash is for Tossers: Lauren Singer is the person that inspired me to realign my buying habits with my environmental values.
- Snapshots of Simplicity: A gorgeous blog.
My 5 questions for you!
- What inspired you to start your site/blog?
- If you had one week to live, what would you do?
- When you think of style, who is the first person who comes to mind and why?
- What’s your favorite fruit?
- Is there something you have nostalgia for? If so, what is it?