As I’ve been decluttering and going through everything I decided to take a peek in my bag of mending to do.
I’d been meaning to remake the dice bag for my partner to get the shape just right. It wasn’t perfect by Christmas, but I was running so ragged and when he said it was ok to not have it perfected in time, I was grateful for the reprieve.
His old dice bag was cumbersome and he hated using it, so I got the brillant idea to make one for him. He helped me pick out the materials and the closure, and this is one of the more elaborate projects I’ve ever attempted.
Three layers, the outer, a liner, and interfacing. Let’s not even address my attempt at the curved edge. I also made the tassel too but I told him he could remove it, it was more to encourage him to affix a keychain or charm he’d like more to it, or even a strap.
I know, you can see the stitching inside the bag and it’s far from perfect, but it’s much closer to perfection than it was.
I’m hanging onto the extra material in case he needs me to repair it at some point. I will also let him know he should give it to me if it gets stained at the comic shop by a careless person’s soda or something, and I can either get the stain out or remake it.
That’s one project off my to-do list. I have about 80 others to tend to now. 🙂