Today, I listened to few episodes of A Slob Comes Clean’s podcast. Noni mentioned how us listeners should create an idea of what we want our home to look like. The catch? Perfect all the time is not a good answer.
So I brainstormed my goals and came up with 5.
- To have my partner come over any time and feel at ease.
- To host dinner parties and not fret over the actively generating mess as we all eat and use dishes and my guests spread out with their stuff.
- To comfortably have a guest be able to sleep over at the last minute. Dinner parties can go late and I also have a few friends who live a few hours away.
- To have guests easily locate things like ibeprofun, antacids, or snacks without my coaching, if they need to.
- To be able to come home after a long day or trip and not worry about a mess that needs cleaning.
They all rank high for me, with the first and last goals being the most important. My partner is a very tidy person, so my messiness is bound to make him uncomfortable.
Despite my anxieties, when I look at before photos versus my home now, it’s a world of difference.